It's not hype.
Caniplas® fresh frozen plasma products have more antibodies for better immunity. Better immunity helps shorten the course of treatments, reduces hospitalization periods, and lessens the quantity of drugs required to treat a variety of conditions.Canine Plasma Products
"Just wanted to say how great Caniplas has been in our emergency center! Just finished using it on a severe pancreatitis case—great results!"
DeWayne Biddle, DVM
Recent studies and experience in veterinary practices with the use of our canine plasma has shown that Caniplas® may aid in shortening treatment periods and increase the survival rates of the following conditions:
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Severe tissue trauma, such as with motor vehicle accidents or major surgery (amputations in large dogs)
- Any diarrhea, which is serious enough to necessitate fluid therapy
- Parvovirus infection*
- Occult bleeding (e.g. lungs), even with no history of rodenticide ingestion**
- Von Willebrand dogs, to top up clotting factors, before surgery**
Do you know what’s in your Canine plasma?
With Plasvacc plasma, you get single-source donor tracking and cell-free plasma. Our donor animals are carefully screened, meticulously cared for, and quarantined.
- Donors are hyperimmunized for parvovirus antibodies
- Fresh frozen shelf life of 20 months**
- Replacement guarantee
- Donors are quarantined and screened to be free from disease
- Available for purchase conveniently from your Veterinary Distributor